As a media server application, Plex enables us to share music, movies on TV, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Android, iOS, and other DLNA-certified devices locally via home network connection, or remotely, as long as you have a Internet connection. To make the whold process of putting DVD into Plex for streaming and sharing to create a wireless home entertainment setup, you’ll need to convert DVD to Plex compatible file formats first. For this purpose, this article will show you the way to rip and copy DVD discs for streaming over Plex Media Server for watching on TV, Android, iOS, etc. even without downloading a DVD player.
To rip DVD to Plex media server, many people is used to using HandBrake. However, the tendency becomes changed. On one side, HandBrake does not support copy protected and especially the latest DVDs natively; on the other side, it has more and more issues now such as not encoding fully. To copy all kinds of DVDs to Plex server more smoothly and easily, you are suggested to turn to a professional DVD to Plex ripper for MacBook, iMac, Mac Pro on Mac OS Sierra, OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, etc. – Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.
With it, you can easily convert the commercial DVD movies to Plex compatible video files with high quality and fast speed. It aims to solve this problem by giving us the ability to store our purchased physical DVD, Blu-ray discs or video files to local computer, hard drive then stream over a home network for Plex Media Server and Samsung Galaxy, Surface, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, etc. playback. It’s professional in ripping and converting Blu-ray/DVD discs, Blu-ray/DVD ISO image, Blu-ray/DVD copies, SD/HD/4K videos and more.
The equivalent Windows version is Dimo Video Converter Ultimate which can rip and convert DVD movies to Plex Media Sever on Windows 10, Windows 7/8.1/XP/Vista. Just get the right version according to your computer’s operating system and follow the steps below to copy DVD movies to PLex Media Sever for streaming with ease.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate (Win/Mac):
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi … 140_4-77472903.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Software.informer Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.software.informer.com/2.7/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo … imate/nsyrihrb.html
- Softpedia Download: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mul … rter-Ultimate.shtml
- windows7download: http://www.windows7download.com/ … imate/bpphgnww.html
- download.html.it: http://download.html.it/software/dimo-video-converter-ultimate/
- yankeedownload: http://www.yankeedownload.com/so … ultimate-lnpoi.html
- instaluj.cz Download: http://www.instaluj.cz/dimo-video-converter-ultimate
- komputerswiat.pl Download: http://download.komputerswiat.pl … -converter-ultimate
- cuteapps Download: http://www.cuteapps.com/program- … ftware-download.htm
- downloadcollection Download: http://www.downloadcollection.co … verter_ultimate.htm
- itshareware Download: http://www.itshareware.com/prodv … verter-ultimate.htm
- komputerswiat Download: http://www.komputerswiat.pl/nowo … -dzis-za-darmo.aspx
- stahuj.centrum.cz Download: http://www.stahuj.centrum.cz/mul … converter-ultimate/
- freedownloadmanager Download: http://en.freedownloadmanager.or … erter-Ultimate.html
- Windows8downloads Download: https://www.windows8downloads.co … -ultimate-fyqxbkug/
- Findmysoft Download: http://dimo-video-converter.findmysoft.com/
- Raritysoft Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.raritysoft.com/windows
How to Backup and Rip DVD to Plex Media Sever
1. Add DVD movies
Install and launch DVD Ripper for Plex program, and then click “Add DVD” icon to import your source movies to this program. Set your wanted audio track from the drop-down box of “Audio” tab.
2. Select an output format
Click the “Select Format” option, and choose MP4, SD/HD/4K MKV, etc. from “Format > Video”, “Format > HD Video”, “Format > 4K Video” as output format.
Situation 1. If you want to preserve everything on a DVD, the best output format should be MPEG.
MPEG/MPEG2 file converted from a DVD also contains the full information of the original, but the output file will be much smaller than others. One more thing.mpg file is generally friendly with TVs.
Situation 2. If you are not overly concerned about file size, and would prefer the best-quality MKV container for output.
Choose “Lossless MKV” from “Format > Multi-track”. It is the standard of HD video in DVD or 1080p quality, and would preserve any multichannel audio (i.e. 5.1 surround sound). The file size may range from 4GB to 7GB. It would be widely accepted by kinds of media servers like Plex, NAS, Xbox, etc.. The audio codec ned to go to AAC, AC3 and DTS.
Situation 3. If you want to seek a good balance between quality and size, and MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14) would always be the answer.
MPEG-4 video is the most universal format that is the best choice for playing or streaming movies onto Apple, Android, Microsoft and Sony devices like HDTVs, iPhone, Apple TV, Mac, Samsung smartphone, Xbox, PS3 and PSP. Barely any player and gadget does not support MP4. Besides, it has a better video compression, so it can deliver a good quality outcome in small file size comparatively. >> See How to Rip DVD to MP4
Tip: If you like, you can click “Settings” to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. Keep in mind the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.
3. Start ripping DVD for Plex Media Sever
Click the “Start” button under the preview window, and the DVD ripper will start the conversion from DVD movies to MKV or MP4 for Plex Media Sever. After conversion, you can stream DVD movies through Plex Media Server to HDTV or iPad, iPhone, Android, or other DLNA-compliant devices.
How to Stream or Store DVD Movies with Plex or Roku Media Server?
If you are to use/are using Plex:
Step 1. To transfer DVD/DVD movies to Plex, first download, install and launch Plex app.
Step 2. Create a Plex account.
Step 3. Add library by clicking “Add Section” button and selecting “Movies”.
Step 4. Select the DVD rips you want to add and click the Add Folder button.
Step 5. Tune into Plex and by use of DLNA-friendly device (like DLNA-receptive set-top box, gaming console, a Chomecast) to stream the movies to different devices. Thus, you can create a digital library for use around my home by my family.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate:
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 PCs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Windows is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 PCs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 PCs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; ConvertBlu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
- Fix Beachbody DVD Won’t Play
- How to Store DVD to NAS in MKV format
- How to Rip DVD to SBS MP4 3D for playback
- Rip and Copy Beachbody DVD to macOS Sierra
- Watching/Playing Moana Blu-ray Movies on 4K TV
- Solution on copying Passenger DVD to MicroSD Memory Card